I made a grave error this morning and blamed Carbon Copy Cloner for a problem related to the HFS+ filesystem. I should have contacted the developer before writing my comment.
I then went on to promote SuperDuper as a great backup utility, which it is and went on to dismiss Carbon Copy Cloner as not being as reliable as SuperDuper. However, after the developer spent a good amount of time explaining to me what the problem was I have to retract my comment of Carbon Copy Cloner, it was all wrong.
So in retrospect I really screwed up. I think both Carbon Copy Cloner and SuperDuper work as advertised. You the user can decide which you like best. Personally I like the incremental backup of Carbon Copy Cloner and I think it is faster but will continue to use both as part of my backup ritual.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment