I was raised a Catholic and received a Catholic education. Over the years my belief in God has wavered back and forth from believing to not believing. I want to believe in God but logically thinking it doesn't make any sense to me anymore and evolution/natural selection does.
When I question believers about the existence/proof of God I am always told the same "You have to have faith". What is Faith? Faith is a belief that an idea or a statement is the true without any proof. Faith isn't rational, it is a belief that something exists that you can't prove. All religions ask you to have faith in the existence of their God/God's and if you live according to the rules of the said religion that you will spend your eternity in heaven/bliss. And where do these rules come from? Usually from a book written by man/woman with an agenda to get you to follow their beliefs and contribute to their church and if you don't you will perish in hell. Scum bag's like Jerry Falwell preaching to the poor that they need to contribute more because if they don't they are robbing from God. That is total bullshit!
Most war's are fought in the name of God and religious beliefs. Million's of people over the centuries have killed their fellow human being all in the name of God and their beliefs, why? Is this what a loving God would want? May the best man win?
The God of my Catholic upbringing actually allowed his servant's the Catholic priest's to molest innocent children, he lets millions suffer from starvation and disease every day. A Supreme being that could prevent much of the horror that goes on in this world, yet he hide's himself and asks us to have faith and that it's all for a greater purpose.
I want to believe, I want to feel like I have a purpose but I don't. Logically thinking I can't help believing in Natural Selection and that mankind is on a path of self destruction. We will eventually destroy ourselvesand the whole process of evolution/natural selection will start over. We have become "too smart for our britches".
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment